BEAUTY: RAVING ABOUT RIMMEL

3 comments

I'm sure most of you will agree with me when I say that recently Rimmel London have been absolutely nailing it with beauty products. Seeing as quite a few of them make a daily appearance in my everyday make-up I thought it was about time that I gave them some recognition. 

Firstly, two absolute staples. Mascara and concealer. The Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara was my first branch out from the L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof mascara that usually coats my lashes. I've been using this mascara for a couple of months now and I wouldn't say it "extends lashes by up to 99%" which is what Rimmel claim but it does give decent length. If you love volume this may not be for you though. Now on to the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. My thoughts about this are short and sweet. It's a great light coverage concealer, that for me isn't drying, doesn't crease, is great for everyday use and is available in a pretty good colour range and that's coming from somone who is relatively pale.


Secondly, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude and Bronze. Like any eyeliner that you use on your waterline it's not going to last hours and hours but these do last longer than many kohl eyeliners I've used in the past. The nude colour is great if your eyes are looking a bit red and just makes you look a bit more awake which is something I need on a daily basis. The bronze is a lovely alternative to black eyeliner on the waterline which I personally find sometimes too harsh for everyday makeup and also looks gorgeous smudged just under the lashes for added smokeyness in the evening. Beautiful.


Last but certainly not least, lip products. The Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer's  have received plenty of attention in the beauty blogging world so I won't say too much. I have the colour 'Celstial'  - a lovely spring/summer pink that has pretty good staying power but does need reapplying a couple of times throughout the day. The pigmentation of these is just incredible and I definitely want to get my hands on 'Big Bang', a bright red colour. Finally, the Rimmel Kate lipsticks both the Lasting Finish and Matte. Although the lasting finish ones are lovely and creamy the colour selection isn't anything ground-breaking. I think the Matte finish lipsticks are amazing! The colours are beautiful. I have 110 a bright pinky/red and 107 a deep raspberry colour which I wore a lot throughout winter. Although slightly drying, if you apply a balm before you're sorted and for £5.49 I really cannot complain. 


I tried to keep this as short as possible but I honestly cannot recommend any of these products enough. All are so reasonably priced and deliver great quality. Let me know in the comments what your favourite Rimmel products are! 



Tate
x

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. You know I have never tried concealer! I was always afraid it will get into my eyes lol... silly me! I think I will try this brand at least once right? Hey Tate!! :)

    http://wwwblackandolives.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, you're so lucky you obviously don't need it then! This concealer is a nice light coverage one though. You definitely have to try this brand! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Tate,

    I´ve nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out here http://cadadia-esdiferente.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/ive-been-nominated.html

    Daphne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read my blog and comment, I really appreciate every single one and try and reply to all of them!